Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    K2 JComments    Topic: [Solved] JComments/K2- Comments not visible to unregistered (Public) users
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved] JComments/K2- Comments not visible to unregistered (Public) users  (Read 25220 times)
willendorfchick

Email
« on: September 24, 2012, 06:25:27 »

I've got the k2jcomments v. 1.1 installed, and it works beautifully!

However, the comments are only visible to registered users.  

Not only do unregistered users NOT see the comments, but they also do not see any message telling them they cannot comment.  

If I go to Components-->JComments-->Settings-->Messages, I have text entered in the "you have no rights to post comments" field.  But unregistered users do not see this message.  

I have been all over this forum and all over google looking for a solution.  I have tried (to the best of my ability) every "solution" I have seen, with zero success.

I have already read this thread:  http://www.joomlatune.com/forum/index.php?topic=3559.0
but don't know which K2 options to check, which I have not already checked.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

* Screen shot 2012-09-22 at 10.18.40 PM.png (54.55 KB, 551x562 - viewed 1592 times.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 19:44:00 by smart » Logged
willendorfchick

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:18:31 »

OK, I found the issue.  I had the K2 comments set to Registered Users Only, in addition to the same setup in Jcomments.

I changed the K2 comments set to Public, and left Jcomments set to Registered Only, and voila!  Comments are visible to everyone, but only Registered users can post comments.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 19:43:52 by smart » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    K2 JComments    Topic: [Solved] JComments/K2- Comments not visible to unregistered (Public) users

Jump to: