Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    K2 JComments    Topic: migration to K2 comments from com_content comments
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: migration to K2 comments from com_content comments  (Read 32023 times)
Stallion

« on: March 13, 2012, 17:06:44 »

I 'm using Jcomments with J! 1.5.

Now I want to update my website to J! 2.5 and I want to migrate my comments to work with K2.

I want to know the way how to integrate the old comments of Jcomments to my migrated K2 contents.
Does anyone have the answer how to do this?

Thx in advance.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 18:12:05 »

You have to migrate articles, then update jos_jcomments table and change value of field 'object_group' from 'com_conten' to 'com_k2'. Also you have to update 'object_id' if you articles IDs different in com_content and com_k2

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
cale1

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 15:05:39 »

Recently, I used cms2cms service to upgrade joomla 1.5 to 3.0. and i guess it migrates jcomments to k2 as well. However, I'm not sure if they migrate comments separately from content, because I have proceed with the full content migration. this service is pretty good, you don't have to install any additional software, your joomla 1.5 and K2 should be available.
you may find more info here www.cms2cms.com I hope it helps you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    K2 JComments    Topic: migration to K2 comments from com_content comments

Jump to: