Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Jcomment works fine - until you need to look at a comment
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jcomment works fine - until you need to look at a comment  (Read 1404 times)
frust5

Email
« on: February 20, 2012, 14:43:32 »

I installed Jcomment for Joomla 1.5
It successfully installed, went through the settings, etc.
I put it on one page in only one category (on a blog).  So it was right where I wanted it to be, at the end of an article.
I assumed it would work, until someone told me they had put in a comment, but I hadn't seen it and neither had they.
So I tried it.  Click on the link (add a comment) and it comes up, you can type in a comment, etc.
The problem is when you click 'send' the comment disappears, never to be seen again.
I set it up so that there would be an email notification, but there was none.
I looked on your site, and it says something like this about displaying a comment:

$comments = JPATH_SITE . DS .'components' . DS . 'com_jcomments' . DS . 'jcomments.php';
  if (file_exists($comments)) {
    require_once($comments);
    echo JComments::showComments($id, 'com_mycomp', $title);
  }

But I'm not sure about where one would place that (inside of an existing php file?!? (if so where?) and that doesn't explain the no email notification.
I'm not using Beez, Milky Way or any of the standard templates, if that makes any difference?

HuhHuhHuh

smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 21:16:37 »

May be you've forgot to enable Autopublish? Can you see these comments in backend?

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
frust5

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 00:37:47 »

No, I've checked again.  I've got auto-publish checked, all the things in the plug-in are enabled.  I've got email notification checked, check, check, check.  I'm dealing with registered and unregistered users.
But clicking on the send button doesn't do anything, (after the comment form is filled out), it just doesn't even register anything in the backend either, that I can see.
Am I missing another part of the plug-in? Something additional?
ABTOP

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 00:43:50 »

Please make sure all JComments plugins are published.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 00:46:24 by ABTOP » Logged

No personal messages unless you are a friend or you have money for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Jcomment works fine - until you need to look at a comment

Jump to: