Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: AJAX: Custom JS events in AJAX submitter
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AJAX: Custom JS events in AJAX submitter  (Read 5642 times)
harikaram

« on: February 16, 2011, 00:06:17 »

It would be good to have a the ajax JS fire events link onSubmit, onComplete, onSuccess, onError which we could bind to in our custom template override code.  This would allow more flexibility in the templates for different types of loading indicators (eg. Change the submit button's text to "Please wait..." and then back again after completion).

Also, the AJAX puts the load ABOVE the submission form.  Good UI generally encourages indicators to be as near as possible to the source of the action, in the case the Submit button.  You can get away with it for the result messages by absolutely positioning them to the bottom of the #comments-form DIV but the loading indicator is outside of this container!

harikaram

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 00:23:17 »

In the meantime, you can use this in your tpl_form template:

Code:
<div id="form-busy"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
// hack to force loading indicator to the bottom
jcomments.busyForm = function(){if(this.form_id){var f=this.$(this.form_id);if(f){this.busy.move(this.$('form-busy'));}}};
</script>
BBC

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 05:52:33 »

Good thing for Ignite Gallery. It has problem with Jcomments loader showing behind and above images, at the top.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 22:58:56 »

The JComments AJAX library has startLoading/finishLoading events...

I can not make new changes in upcoming version JComments because I want to freeze code and release it, but I promise to return to this issue immediately after the release. I'll be very grateful if you could tell me more exactly where you think he should appear and express your opinion on how to improve the interface JComments.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
harikaram

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 18:32:19 »

Thank you.  I'll write up something soon about the features I'd like to see...

I just want to say I've been through many commenting components, both paid and free and JComments is by far the most thorough and developer friendly.  You wouldn't believe some of the ridiculous things I've encountered (eg user must ADD a comment to UNsubscribe!)...

It seems to me that extension developers cater a bit heavily toward the "plug'n'play" audience and tend to forget the professional audience who implement Joomla into bespoke designs..

Anyway, I'll think about the features that would help me most...  I appreciate your responsiveness and look forward to helping JComments evolve!

HKS
smart
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 05:00:01 »

eg user must ADD a comment to UNsubscribe!
Why? User can unsubscribe from notifications by clicking appropriate link in notification message or Unsubscribe link under comments list (if user is registered).

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
harikaram

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 14:35:06 »

I was referring to another (commercial) J! commenting system out there.  The implication was that JComments is the best I've come across Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: AJAX: Custom JS events in AJAX submitter

Jump to: