Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Events for Admin actions...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Events for Admin actions...  (Read 3058 times)
harikaram

« on: March 09, 2011, 01:52:34 »

I'm whacking together a basic Akismet plugin for JC and it would be useful if there were admin events mirroring those in the frontend for hooking in to publishing/unpublishing/delete/edit actions...
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 05:28:07 »

Most of admin actions is a group actions and if we will call events for each comment we can get performance issue.

For example users select 10 comments for deletion, they would be deleted with all their children and we can get about 100 comments for deletion. If we will call onBeforeCommentDeleted for all of them it would take too much time. And I can't imagine how we must inform the user about some reasons for blocking deletion of one of nested comments.

In my mind this feature should be discussed...

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Events for Admin actions...

Jump to: