Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Integration with Sobi 2 (2.8.7)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Integration with Sobi 2 (2.8.7)  (Read 23282 times)
theroadsouth
« on: August 20, 2008, 20:38:33 »

Hi, I'm building a site where I'm integrating Sobi 2 (2.8.7), Eventlist 0.9.3, and (if I get it to work) Jcomments with Joomla 1.5.6.

I've been able to get Jcomments to work with Eventlist no problem, however, I followed the instructions on JoomlaTune for integration with Sobi 2 and the comments simply do not show up in the details view template.  I've tried it several times on different installations of Joomla, 1.5.3 and 1.5.6 to be exact, running on an Apache 2 Server with PHP 5 and MySQL 5.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?  Any ideas how to solve it?

Thanks,
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:09:20 »

Do you install and publish JComments SOBI2 plugin? Do you apply modification to SOBI2 template (or replace with included file)? Which version of JComments SOBI2 plugin are you using?

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
poffen

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:32:12 »

Hi,

I have been trying to integrate the jcomments component with sobi2 (version 2.8.7.2,) but there is nothing displayed in the details template (I've followed the instructions as explained elsewhere on this site). The problem seem to be similar to that reported by theroadsouth.

I'm wandering if the code used to call the jcomments plugin (<?php $this->getPlugin( $mySobi, 'jcomments' ); ?>) is correct? I'm not sure, but I think this code is deprecated and that now plugins in sobi2 should be called like: <?php echo $plugins['plugin_name']; ?> (see http://www.sigsiu.net/template_commands.html).

I hope I'll be able to use this jcomments with the sobi2 component, since this is the only commenting component I know of which integrate fully with sobi2. I know it's a very good component, and hopefully it would become even better after the upgrade  Grin...

Keep up the good work!  Cheesy

Thanks in advance, poffen

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:35:27 by poffen » Logged
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 14:27:50 »

I've updated instruction JComments to SOBI2 integration and upload new version of SOBI2 JComments plugin.

I've successfully tested this plugin with JComments 1.4.0.9 + SOBI2 2.8.3 + Joomla 1.0.15.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
poffen

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 19:06:34 »

Thanks for your quick response!!

I've installed the upgraded version of the sobi2 plugin, and the component now show up!  Grin I'm using Joomla 1.5.6 with the latest Sobi2 version (2.8.7.2) and it seems to work well now, although I haven't tested all aspects yet.

Once again thanks alot  Cheesy for your quick response!! I'm really looking forward to the next version!  Grin

BTW; the code in the new instructions for Sobi2 integration seem to have got an extra semicolon (<?php echo $plugins['jcomments'];; ?>).

Regards, poffen
smart
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 19:25:52 »

BTW; the code in the new instructions for Sobi2 integration seem to have got an extra semicolon (<?php echo $plugins['jcomments'];; ?>).
oh, yes... thanks! fixed...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Integration with Sobi 2 (2.8.7)

Jump to: