Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Best Rating system to use with JComments for Sobi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Rating system to use with JComments for Sobi  (Read 20362 times)
racerx777

« on: December 25, 2009, 01:14:26 »

I really hope this hasn't been answered, I looked...

I'm using Sobi 2.
I installed Jcomments, everything is working wonderfully now and I love tree view style of threads.
However, ratings are only for the comments, not for business listing itself.
I.e. 1-5 stars like reviews and rankings has in signiu.net reviews and rankings module.

I really want to stick with Jcomments as the treeview layout and responses to specific comments is far superior, but we need a method to have ratings for business listing too.

What's the best method to accomplish this, or am I not understanding an existing feature in Jcomment?

Thanks in advance for you help and thank you for developing this module and supporting it!
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 05:23:23 »

JComments is a component of comments and I see no reason to add to it the function of voting for anything. I think to solve this problem (of voting), you just need to search for some other extensions. I would be searching for something using AJAX.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
racerx777

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 01:03:49 »

Thank you for your reply and advice about ajax. I also completely respect your opinion of course.

Because almost all extensions are developed based on needs I will share our perspective and business needs.

If a user is leaving a comment about a product or service then he has an opinion that he is wanting to share. Opinions are extremely valuable to mfgs, service providers and customers alike. Without a method to summarize the opinion/comment with a simple rating/vote for the product or service and the ability to collectively share the results with others considering the same Jcomments becomes more of a product or service "forum" than a comment system. This is also evidenced with the wonderful ability to vote on comments but not on what the the comment is actually about.

You have successfully developed a better comment system than any I have found, but it can't be used as a comment system in our situation until we find a way to share/summarize the comments with a vote on the product or service. I hope that if enough people are in our situation that you might find the feature worthwhile to include someday, even if it can turned on and off for those that don't need it.

I will search for an additional solution as you suggested to complete a commenting system and satisfy our basic business needs.
Thanks again for your hard work and willingness to share the results!
It is much appreciated.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 01:14:13 »

Last week I'm upgraded JComments and added support for plugins for CAPTCHA. And while added, I have an idea how to add the possibility of voting in JComments through plugin. I will not say any time, but I think I know how to do it.

However, in this case, I am talking only about adding to comment form extra fields to vote on commented object. When you save comments, this plugin will record the result of voting in ratings table of specific component (SOBI2, Virtuemart, etc.). And nothing more. Only allow to vote and save it result.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
piotr25

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 18:26:49 »

hello,

Some new information about Best Rating system to use with JComments for Sobi ? I need something like that
 Cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Best Rating system to use with JComments for Sobi

Jump to: