Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Profile and Reputation
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Profile and Reputation  (Read 6778 times)
Masoud

« on: July 30, 2013, 21:09:02 »

Hi everyone

I have some suggestion for Jcomment. since we have negative and positive score for every comments and also can count the total comment of everyone, we are able to have Reputation of each comment, people who have more positive comments get better reputations. then we can use the reputation for better engagement and also use it for moderation. for example if people with certain reputation mark a comment as Span the comment immediately get unpublished. new users can rely on their reply and so forth.

in addition I think Jcomment need a central profile to show number of comment that people has been published and their reputation.

Hope Smart See this.

good luck.

----------------------
www.zoomit.ir
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 21:34:15 »

In my mind we should not mix different features - JComments should provide number of functions to allow leave comments for content. The profile feature should be implemented through some specific extension like JomSocial, CommunityBuilder.

I am not going to implement profiles' management or some kind of karma (reputation) management. For these aims there are a number of extensions which are already exist and works pretty well. For example you could use AlphaUserPoints to set some points for different actions in JComments.

Of course, we can add profiles, karma, attachments, users' management but we will get something like a forum. There are number of forums for Joomla, why not use them?

I think it would be better if all developers of different extensions will provide an API for integration.

BTW, the features you've described could be easily implemented through two custom plugins:

1. Custom plugin for CB which will display summary user's reputation
2. Custom plugin for JComments which will decide if comment could be published without moderation.

And I do not see any technical issues to implement them - but I do not have free time for this certain task.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Masoud

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 21:39:00 »

Thank you Smart for your time.

Convinced Smiley

----------------------
www.zoomit.ir
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Profile and Reputation

Jump to: