Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Automatic adding subcategories for JComments to work in
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatic adding subcategories for JComments to work in  (Read 12300 times)
petoroth

« on: July 09, 2013, 20:21:09 »

Hello,

I use Joomla for adding news, that are sorted to the months by Joomla category system.
Therefore I manually add new subcategory (eg. in category 2013 the subcat 07 - as july) every month.

Is there any possibility to select automaically the new sub-categorries in category that is choosen in JComment settings?
Or it would be grate to choose main category and all the subcategories (present and new) would be choosen automatically...
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 18:15:12 »

You can add one as much categories as you need and select them in JComments' settings. BTW in upcoming version will be available an option - All categories.

And one more. If we will add such feature - it will decrease performance because on each page JCommens should have to check if current article's category is descendant of one from enabled categories. This will produce extra SQL-queries and  increase server's load.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 18:18:21 by smart » Logged

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
petoroth

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 02:18:04 »

Thanks,

I don´t need to select all categories, I only want to select some main categories and have possibility to add automatically the JComment in these subcategories... (When I have cat. system: story/2013/(month) then I select the "story" and all subcategories - created in the past and in future will have  JComment).
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 14:00:39 »

As I wrote this will decrease performance as it requires an extra SQL queries.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Automatic adding subcategories for JComments to work in

Jump to: