Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    Other extensions    Plugins    Topic: Comments in CB Jcomment plugin shows only for one of the languages
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comments in CB Jcomment plugin shows only for one of the languages  (Read 21792 times)
petros

Email
« on: July 05, 2013, 15:51:24 »

Hi , I have a multi-language site with Joomla 2.5, I am using CB Jcomment plugin (plugin for commenting in community builder). suppose we have user1 that his default language is English, and user2 that his default language is Spanish. user1 goes to user2 profile and add a comment. The problem is : the comment doesnt show in the spanish language site. i mean if user2 log in to his account and goes to his profile (by default he is in the Spanish language of the site), he couldn't see that comment. the only way to see that comment is that he should go to the English language of the site and log in there and he could see the comment.

how could i solve this problem? Huh
i want everybody with every language of the site see the comments, and do not suppose what is the deafult language of user to show his/her comments.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 21:20:06 »

Comments are visible on the same language where they were posted. I am agree that in your case this is not right but at this time I have no solution for this. I mean we could not disable multilanguage support for certain extension (CB). You can only disable multilanguage support in JComments (search forum for the solution).

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
petros

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 15:14:17 »

Dear Smart,
thank you for reply,
i hope this issue will be covered for the next versions. Smiley
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 15:22:27 »

In nearest future I am going to separate settings not only for each language but for each extension too. And after this we will be able to disable multilanguage feature for CB only.

But, seems we can try to do something now... I have now CB installed now so I'll ask you to make small test:

1. Open file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbjcomments/cb.jcomments.php
2. Find code:
Code: (php)
$content = JComments::show($user->id,'com_comprofiler');
and add before it:
Code: (php)
$config = JCommentsFactory::getConfig();
$config->set('multilingual_support', false);
3. Save changes

This modification will dynamically disable multilangual support in JComments and comments list will show all comments for an user profile. But if user will press Refresh button comments will be filtered by current language. So this is a partial solution.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
petros

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 16:01:41 »

thank you so much  Wink i think if i find refresh button codes, then i could use this code for that. Am I right?
smart
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 16:05:32 »

This will require modification code of component and it will be a bit more complex.

riyakapoor

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 17:17:36 »

I was looking this solution.
Thanks for your great help.

I am Aerocity Companion Mahi
Samuelix

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 02:22:11 »

Sugar Mummy Online  Sugar Mummy

Sugar Mummy Online Dating Site

Sugar Mummy South Africa

Sugar Mummy USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    Other extensions    Plugins    Topic: Comments in CB Jcomment plugin shows only for one of the languages

Jump to: