Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: 'Add comments link before article' and 'JoomFish' questions
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Add comments link before article' and 'JoomFish' questions  (Read 21377 times)
Couzzy

« on: November 06, 2009, 04:30:48 »

Hi,

I'm having a good time this week implementing the JComments component into my new website.  I defined my own template and via trial & error I managed to make the comments section look like I want.  There are still two things I am unable to modify to my wish and I hope you can give me some hints ...

1) I positioned the 'Add comments Link' before the article with the help of one of your plug-ins.  This works perfectly in the category view of my blog, but when you click the article title and move to the article view, the link + comments are all positioned below the article.  I really would like to have the link on the same place over there: still before the article (this is actually the link to open the form) but I can't figure out how to move the link.  If possible, how would you get this done ?

2) Related to JoomFish, I would like JComments to completely ignore the fact that I run JoomFish.  What I would like for my site is that all the comments together written in different (JoomFish) languages for 1 article will be visible, whatever language you choose (so when I choose JoomFish French, I still see the Dutch and English comments besides the French ones, hope you understand).  Do you have a tip for me how to accomplish this ?

Thanks for sharing your work with this great component !
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 04:44:02 »

1. At this moment this feature isn't supported. But we can make small fix. Open file /plugins/content/jcomments.php and replace 'onAfterDisplayContent' with 'onBeforeDisplayContent'. I hope it helps you. In future version I'll add this feature to plugin parameters.

2. See here: how to disable multilang support in jcomments?

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Couzzy

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 04:59:37 »

Wow, that's swift !  Thank you so much for your reply and the good work.  Think I get this done this week (and yes, I will vote on the Joomla page too !)   Smiley
Couzzy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 05:20:49 »

By making the suggested change, both the "Add comments Link' and all comments are positioned before the article.  Now I would like to position just the link above the article (as in the category view, so you always know where to find it) but the comments should remain below the article ... do you have a suggestion ?
smart
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 05:27:32 »

Oh, I misunderstood you. In this case you needn't make replacement I suggest in previous message, but need some other. Open same file and replace in it:

Code: (php)
if ($view != 'article') {
with
if (true) {

and after code:

if ($this->params->get('readmore_link', 1) == 0) {
$tmpl->addVar('tpl_links', 'readmore_link_hidden', 1);
}
add next one:
if($view == 'article'){$tmpl->addVar('tpl_links', 'readmore_link_hidden', 1);}

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Couzzy

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 05:49:50 »

We're getting closer !  Still not there: I would like the link to stick to 'Add comment' and not change to 'Read comments' when there are comments for an article ... because these comments are already visible for you in the article view.  The link should simply be the trigger to open the form that enables you to add a new comment, also when there are already comments for the article.

In other words: when you are in the article view, I would like the link 'Add comment' that shows up below the article and eventually the comments to move to before the article ... would that be possible ?

Thanks for your replies !
smart
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 05:53:38 »

Where is no simple way to move Add comment link that opens hidden comments form before article. But if comments form hidden and user clicks link that ends with '#addcomment' - the comments form would loaded automatically, so I don't see any reason to move this link before article text. Sorry, my English isn't so good, but I hope you've understand me...

Couzzy

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 06:04:18 »

Right, I do understand.  My reason to change is pure based on design, just trying to create a very empty lay-out ... will think on how to deal with this.  Still thanks for you help, much appreciated !
smart
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 06:12:35 »

But why variant I suggest before isn't applicable? If you make as I wrote - you will have after article title same link as in blog, and then user click it - he will be redirected at the end of page to comments form... And if this form hidden it will be loaded after his click on link at the top of article.

Couzzy

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 13:20:30 »

You're right.  It has to do with the lay-out of the header of each article in the category view: title font is bold, dark grey and big; below the title the date and author font are normal, light grey and small; below that you'll find the 'Add comment/Read comments' link in the same style and then the article begins.  For the sake of calmness in the design I simply would like the header in the article view to be the same ... so header with title, date, author and 'Add comment' link, below that the article and below the article the comments ... ending with the footer ;-)

Enfin, that's the wish and reason for my posting, but when this is difficult to achieve I can live with the standard order and having the 'Add comment' link below the comments. Thanks !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: 'Add comments link before article' and 'JoomFish' questions

Jump to: