Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Voting System - Keeping Thumbs Up but Remove Thumbs Down
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voting System - Keeping Thumbs Up but Remove Thumbs Down  (Read 14888 times)
exo

« on: October 23, 2009, 20:22:18 »

Hey guys.  The subject pretty much explains what I'm looking to do here.

Is there anyway I can edit the code so that users can only give "Thumbs Up" and not "Thumbs down?"

I assume the easy fix would be to simply find the code and remove the "thumbs down" image/link from where people write their comments, but I'm not sure where this is located.

Thanks for the help!
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 22:30:35 »

Open file /components/com_jcomments/tpl/default/tpl_comment.php and replace:

Code: (php)
<a href="#" class="vote-good" title="<?php echo JText::_('VOTE_GOOD'); ?>" onclick="jcomments.voteComment(<?php echo $comment->id;?>, 1);return false;"></a><a href="#" class="vote-poor" title="<?php echo JText::_('VOTE_POOR'); ?>" onclick="jcomments.voteComment(<?php echo $comment->id;?>, -1);return false;"></a>
with
Code: (php)
<a href="#" class="vote-good" title="<?php echo JText::_('VOTE_GOOD'); ?>" onclick="jcomments.voteComment(<?php echo $comment->id;?>, 1);return false;"></a>

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
exo

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 09:19:13 »

Worked, THanks!  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Voting System - Keeping Thumbs Up but Remove Thumbs Down

Jump to: