Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Notify authors of articles about comments
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Notify authors of articles about comments  (Read 64190 times)
anniejackson

« on: October 07, 2009, 19:45:27 »

Is there a way for authors of articles to be automatically subscribed to comments on their articles? Currently I tell them to post a reply, check the notify me box, then delete the comment. In the JComment config the only option I can find is to notify admins, what about authors?
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 01:24:18 »

Try this plugin (install through Joomla's extensions installer and publish):

plg_jcomments_autosubscribe_j15_v1.0.zip

This plugin automatically create subscription for all comments to commented object's author. The subscription created only once when adding the first comment on the article. If article's author unsubscribe he will not subscribed again (I mean automatically subscription). But in this case he could subscribe manually.

So, this plugin will work only with objects (articles) that have no comments yet. This restriction of current plugin's version. I'll think about available ways to remove such restriction.

If you'll find any errors - please post here...

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
GM

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:07:02 »

Hi Smart,
Thank you for your quick response.
I am not sure if the plugin is really suitable.

What was meant is:
User 1: Author of an article publishes an article in Joomla com_content.
User 2: User 2 gives his comment on the article via JComments.
Is there a possibility that User 1 is automatically informed at the time User 2 comments the article via JComments?

Thank you for your time in advance.
GM
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:44:39 »

Is there a possibility that User 1 is automatically informed at the time User 2 comments the article via JComments?
Exactly Wink When User 2 post his comment User 1 will be automatically subscribed for comments to the article and will recieve notification about new comment. But at this moment this feature will work only if article has no comments - as I wrote before automatic subscription occurs only during first comment to the object (article). Sorry if my description wasn't understandable.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
GM

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 14:04:51 »

Great Job, Smart!!! Thank you very much for your time and expertise!
scyllar

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 17:29:13 »

This is great, Thank you!! Grin
Devil

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 02:05:26 »

Hi,

works the autosubscripe plugin only in com_content or in all extensions?

best regards
Markus
smart
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 03:23:50 »

This plugin must work with all extensions where is information about owner of commented object. If it doesn't work with some extension - report me, please and I'll try to fix it.

GM

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 01:37:14 »

Hi Smart,

the following problem is still present:

User 1: Author of an article publishes an article in Joomla com_content.
User 2: User 2 gives his comment on the article via JComments.
User 3: A further user who adds another comment after User 2 has entered his comment.

User 1 is informed as soon as User 2 adds a comment. He is however not informed when User 3 adds a comment.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks you in advance, Smart.

GM
smart
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 01:42:55 »

User 1 is informed as soon as User 2 adds a comment. He is however not informed when User 3 adds a comment.
May be User 3 has same email as User 1? Once subscription created user will recieve notifications about all comments posted for given article. At this moment there is only one reason to not recieve notification - if the comment left from same e-mail...

Spanners

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 10:24:21 »

This plugin is GOOOOOOOLLLLLLD!

Implementing now.

Just asking, I've got K2 on my website and standard joomla articles.

So if I add com_content,com_k2 to the plugin parameters, this will notify authors of either K2 item or joomla articles of new comments, right?

And there is NO SPACE in the above parameter of course.
Spanners

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 09:41:56 »

Getting a few mixed results with this.

I'm using this plugin with K2 items.

Does it matter if the comments from Guests are NOT set to autopublish?

Also, when the article or item is created, does the author's subscription appear in the Subscriptions tab in the backend straight away, or not until there has been a comment made on that item or article?
smart
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 00:34:23 »

Does it matter if the comments from Guests are NOT set to autopublish?
As I remember JComments 2.2 has small bug that doesn't send notification to subscribers then comment has been published from backend.

Also, when the article or item is created, does the author's subscription appear in the Subscriptions tab in the backend straight away, or not until there has been a comment made on that item or article?
Subscription will be added to subscriptions list only after first comment will be posted. JComments doesn't hooks creation of articles or items. So only one way to subscribe the item's (article's) author - do it after first comment added.

redlaguna

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 08:12:25 »

Hi Smart
For Mosets tree component is possible that the mail is sent to the "owner" of the listing?

Thanks!

Martin
smart
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 14:37:27 »

For Mosets tree component is possible that the mail is sent to the "owner" of the listing?
It must work but I've not tested this feature with Mosets Tree because I haven't this extension.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Notify authors of articles about comments

Jump to: