Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    CommunityBuilder    Topic: JComments tab not displaying in CB
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JComments tab not displaying in CB  (Read 68098 times)
none

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 00:34:34 »

Ok.. It has causing for me on "Yootheme Page" template. I tired to turn of mootools and javascripts in the theme settings, but nothing changed. Sad The JComments tab is still hiding.  Angry
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 00:36:43 by none » Logged
smart
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 01:39:40 »

Sorry, but until I can see this bug myself I couldn't fix it... I'll try about 5 different servers and Joomla's versions but nothing - all works fine for me...

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
thedrifter

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 22:59:28 »

tahoeunderground, roo, none, anniejackson,T ittapaola, girathryn, mrrrux are you using a free hosting service?
none

Email
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 14:24:58 »

No, Im not using free hosting service. Im using Deluxe hosting at godaddy.
thedrifter

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 00:52:57 »

I think there is really a problem in the plug-ins tab in jcomment coding maybe it get affected with to much external 3party extension tabs currently i've been using six external extention which mean not part of cb package all and all including part of cb package 11 but after installing the jcomment which failed i've tried installing other 3party  plug-in extension it's groupjive tab for cb after installing, the tab showed flawlessly considering this current plugin i'm using right now is in beta phase........the latest right now is pre-RC+
thedrifter

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 01:22:22 »

Maybe you could take a look how the groupjive plugin for cb been coded cause the tab showed in the profile this is after i failed to show the jcomment tab maybe they are using some kind of hard coding technique or something i'm really dying to put this jcomment tab to my site hope the information I've gathered maybe of great help to you Smart. Cheesy Grin Smiley
smart
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 02:58:25 »

Maybe you could take a look how the groupjive plugin for cb been coded cause the tab showed in the profile
The problem is that I know how to write plugins for CB, and more than that - I have this plugin installed without any problems, and normally displays a tab. I have repeatedly tried to repeat the problem, which was reported in this thread, but I have never happened. Maybe you can do me a test site with Joomla, CB and JComments where I could see this and give me access to FTP?

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Cite

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 00:11:53 »

Hey,

I'm not sure if it will solve your problem, but give it a try Smiley

My only problem for not showing was that I haven't posted any comment before.

Also, please be aware that you need to configure the correct source. I'm only using JComments for the EventList component - therefore I had to change the source from "com_content" to "com_eventlist" (Backend - Components - CB - Plugins Management - JComments Tab).

- Cite
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 00:15:53 by Cite » Logged
vasanththomas

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 17:19:40 »

Hi I have found the reason for this problem.

This doesn't seems to be an issue.

If the user doesn't made any comments means then that tab wont be shown.
To avoid this insert the following code at the bottom of the comments tab plugin.

GOTO the plugin file at <Joomla>\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_jcommentstab\jcomments.plugin.php

the fille will end as following:
Code:
}
$content .= '</ul>'."\n";
}
}
return $content;
}
}
?>

You need to replace it as:

Code:
}
$content .= '</ul>'."\n";
}
else {
$content .= "No comments made yet";
}
}
return $content;
}
}
?>
smart
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 17:44:55 »

Thanks, vasanththomas! But I don't see any problems in such behavior. I don't see any reason to display comments tab if user doesn't have any comments.

mighty

Email
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 08:22:01 »

i have posted comments under my cb user but the tab still doesnt show up. has this worked for anyone recently?
mighty

Email
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 09:47:05 »

never mind. tab is there now.
iii_carlos

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 16:21:24 »

Ya, the JComment is now  displayed.
However, comments that I posted for JoomGallery is not displaying...
Only those comments I posted for articles are shown...

Huh

Has anyone you tried the plugin for JoomGallery?
I can post comments on JoomGallery but it is not shown in CB profile My Latest Comment Tab
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 16:38:36 by iii_carlos » Logged
iii_carlos

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 13:51:45 »

I found how to...
from plugin manager of CB -> JComments Tab -> Source set to : com_content, com_joomgallery

Thanks.
joomir

Web development and hosting

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 11:42:20 »

Jcomments cb plugin only show tab when it has any comment. and also you must config this plugin simply go to CB plugin manager edit plugin and in "source" text box add components in which you have jcomments to work.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    CommunityBuilder    Topic: JComments tab not displaying in CB

Jump to: