Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Joomla 3.x compatibility
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joomla 3.x compatibility  (Read 42605 times)
moneise

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 17:48:12 »

Also planning to migrate to Joomla 3.x and Jcomments is holding us back.  Angry
When is a Joomla 3.x compatible version being released?  Huh

Do you require donations?  There are many users that are willing I'm sure.
Josh

WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 23:11:56 »

Well here's a good alternative:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/articles-comments/24030

In my case I need two comment systems, so I'll be still waiting.
luis25

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 23:23:35 »

what about if we all donate and help the developer?

The question is, how much budget do you need to make this happen in the shortest time possible?

I need this extension too for Joomla 3.1.

+1 and +5 for my clients Smiley
Josh

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 14:28:30 »

Indeed it is a beta. It worked for me but had a minor issue or two. Beta 2 should have this fixed.  Wink
eMCe71

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 21:04:15 »

Any any news?Smiley I can donate too! Smiley
jkrokar

Email
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 19:08:18 »

Any news, please?
hugofmsilva

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 23:26:09 »

I've written in this forum about this subject. I know that the developer does this free of charge and is not bound to anything. But I think it was right to give an estimate (no obligation) about an update ... 1 week? 1 month? 1 year? I need to migrate to joomla 3 and I am dependent jcomments. I know that the developer has no obligation to us, but I think he could have a word to all the fans of this component of plans to upgrade!

Sorry my english!

Thank you
hugofmsilva

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 02:43:42 »

Moreover, in its current state, the component don't work without we modify the plugin manually as mentioned in this post http://www.joomlatune.com/forum/index.php/topic, 7018.0.html... This fact justifies an urgent update ... This component has a reputation to uphold. It's my opinion.
hugofmsilva

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2013, 18:05:33 »

Another option is Komento: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/articles-comments/20527

It takes a bit of fiddling but does pretty much the same as jComments.

Does pretty much the same as JComments? Does much more than JComments. Explore the component and you'll know what I mean.
ABTOP

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 08:02:09 »

Does pretty much the same as JComments? Does much more than JComments. Explore the component and you'll know what I mean.
Tell me more. Tell me how it compensates for your incompetence.

No personal messages unless you are a friend or you have money for me.
hugofmsilva

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 09:34:11 »

Worst of all ... don't accept critical opinions ... lol I don't speak English very well, but I justified all that I said. The component do n't work? So...hack the core, because this component is free and we will update only when we feel like it and if we like, even if 10 years from now. This type of response is disrespectful to all those who supported and cherished for years this component. It's my opinion. Don't like? Don't read!
Josh

WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 14:22:19 »

Not a very nice response. Yeah the original post could have been said a little better, but it is on par with the truth. Komento is loaded with features. Their support is top notch (some of the best I have ever seen). Jcomments however is portable which I appreciate Smart's efforts for adding that bit. The reason other solutions are being mentioned is because we feel a bit left in the dark. Jcomments still stands as a good commenting system but the primary developer doesn't seem to have the time to support it like some of the other extensions.

I still appreciate Smart for his efforts in making this extension and re-working it for Joomla 2.5. But some of us wish we heard something from him.
hugofmsilva

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2013, 17:04:53 »

Not a very nice response. Yeah the original post could have been said a little better, but it is on par with the truth. Komento is loaded with features. Their support is top notch (some of the best I have ever seen). Jcomments however is portable which I appreciate Smart's efforts for adding that bit. The reason other solutions are being mentioned is because we feel a bit left in the dark. Jcomments still stands as a good commenting system but the primary developer doesn't seem to have the time to support it like some of the other extensions.

I still appreciate Smart for his efforts in making this extension and re-working it for Joomla 2.5. But some of us wish we heard something from him.

Finally someone who understands what I meant! I agree with ALL your words.

Obviously I'm very grateful and I recognize the tremendous effort of Smart in making this free extension. The only thing that "claim" is simply his plans for this extension to all the fans who used this extension for years can know what they can count on. I don't ask for an exact date, just a preview!

Jcomments however is portable

Komento is also portable: HWDMediaShare, EasyBlog, Virtuemart, Ohanah, JEvents, MosetsTree, RedShop, Zoo, K2, SobiPro, etc...and you can create your own integration files.

Concluding:

The reason other solutions are being mentioned is because we feel a bit left in the dark.
Josh

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 17:13:27 »

When I say portable I mean you can insert the code {jcomment} in a article and Jcomments will insert exactly where that code is placed. This way I can place comments inside of a tab.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 18:44:31 »

JComments for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x is almost done - we have finished internal testing. I have removed support of Joomla 1.0 and Joomla 1.5, include alot bugfixes and improvements and totaly rewrite all JComments' backend - now JComments backend uses MVC and Bootstrap Wink This version will be releases in few days. Stay tuned!

p.s. Do not forget to update JComments' modules to last versions (JComments Top Posters, JComments Latest and other).

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Joomla 3.x compatibility

Jump to: