Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Yvcomment There are no compatible extensions for import process
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yvcomment There are no compatible extensions for import process  (Read 5902 times)
mberman14

« on: January 05, 2015, 02:35:48 »

I have an old site in Joomla 2.5.28 that I need to upgrade to Joomla 3, but before I can do that I need to migrate the yvcomments to JComments. Currently yvcomment is working fine.

But after installing JComments 3.0.4., when I go to Import Comments, it says, " There are no compatible extensions for import process."

I have over 800 comments that I don't want to lose. Any idea how I can get JComments to recognize them?

Thanks,

Matt
mberman14

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 00:28:45 »

I wanted to cycle back to this, though it has been several months since I posted it. I have succeeded in importing the yvcomments by uninstalling Jcomments, installing an earlier version which recognized yvcomments, importing them, upgrading Jcomments again, upgrading to Joomla 3.4.3., and then Refreshing Objects.

Now the comments are all there, and they all have the Content Item titles. Yay! However, they are not all showing up on the front end of the site. There, for each article, the first comment appears, but none of the rest of the comments for that article appear.

In yvcomment, some, but not all, of the comments were replies to a previous comment, so those have the previous comment listed as their Content Item Title. However, others were replies to the original article, But, in either case, they do not show up on the site. You can get to them through search, so they are clearly there, but they are unconnected to their articles.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, a related question, when I go to a comment through search, it has no indication of or link to the original article to which it was attached.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer,

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Yvcomment There are no compatible extensions for import process

Jump to: