Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    ProofReader component    Bug-reports    Topic: RSS Feed showing unwanted content
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RSS Feed showing unwanted content  (Read 12725 times)
rightinfront

« on: July 10, 2014, 05:00:03 »

Hi guys

Weird I originally unpublished comments from a article and I unpublished the article but doing a yahoo search I found the content still live. See the link below. I then deleted the article and the comments, done another search and still found the RSS feed live. What have I missed why is it still there!

Help will be appreciated as I need this eradicated from search engines.

http://eslwatch.info/component/jcomments/feed/com_content/5499.html

Regards Kevin
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 15:14:22 »

Seems you've to clean Joomla's cache. JComments doesn't store any articles or RSS - but they could be cached by Joomla.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
rightinfront

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 15:10:48 »

That was the first thing I did I cleared the Joomlas Cache

If I type the keyword in yahoo searched from a smart phone, there is a pop-up that appears -
'This is a link feeded through RSS. Would you like to searh for a RSS reader from the App Store?'

I don't know what the RSS feed is but we were wondering maybe this can be something useful to help sort this out.

It is a little strange that the site has removed it, but this link was still showing up on the search list.

I do not want to give to much detail about the page as it inflammatory, if I can contact the Jcomment team direct so that they can look closer at this bug.

Thanks in advance
Kevin
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 18:52:21 »

It is a little strange that the site has removed it, but this link was still showing up on the search list.
Search engines also could cache )

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
rightinfront

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 04:46:19 »

Seems it not a search engine Cache, it is something to do with Jcomment as it is picking it up in the component, I have nothing on my site that stores RSS feeds so I am still up a dark alley with not light ahead it seems.

smart
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 23:14:16 »

The JComments uses Joomla's API for caching so if you see any info like RSS comments which are already deleted - you have clear Joomla's cache. But this sounds really strange because JComments resets cache if any comment been deleted.

rightinfront

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 13:57:08 »

This is still an issue, I have only got round it by using a new system for commenting, and I have now turned off RSS feeds for Jcomment as the client was getting really upset as I never had an answer for him.

Interesting that if I turn RSS feeds back on I get a blank page when I try to view all RSS for comments.

I hope you guys sort the bug as I still use Jcomments on other sites.

Thanks for the great work.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 14:31:18 »

If you saw blank page it means that some fatal error occured. Could you check server's error log?

rightinfront

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 15:24:28 »

As present Joomla has a bug as well, 3 of my sites have the same Joomla! 3.3.3 Stable bug, when you set error reporting to anything but none it throws an error page.

I have turned the RSS back on but error reporting does not work so unable to give you a log Sad
smart
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 16:02:11 »

I'm not able to fix bug without seeing at least error's text.

rightinfront

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 16:36:58 »

I know I am in the same boat, once Joomla fixes there bug I will come back to you.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    ProofReader component    Bug-reports    Topic: RSS Feed showing unwanted content

Jump to: