Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: rounded corner hax done right-BIG improvement-
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rounded corner hax done right-BIG improvement-  (Read 16306 times)
amaris

Email
« on: August 21, 2012, 13:39:15 »

As a webdesigner i've been annoying myself for quite some time about the html structure of the comment bubbles
We used to need those image hacks to create rounded corners. but now with CSS3 there is no longer a need for that.

simply by applying this code

border:1px solid;
border-radius:7px;
((i have not been able to find if the general code is supported by all -up to date- browsers. for safekeeping you can add the following))
    -moz-border-radius:7px;
    -webkit-border-radius: 7px;

on top of the regular styling.
the jcomments application can provide a noticable speed increase in the overal joomla site.
now there are a ton of seperate div's being loaded, each with their specific css style. plus the (at least) 4 images needed
to create the desired visual appearance. it all takes away resources and loading time! plus its extremely clumbersome to change colors.

So, instead of using a zillion div's there's only 1 now, and no extra kb's to be loaded in images. less requests to the server too.
Easier customisable and simpler and cleaner html. better CSS compliance and validation.

Please implement this as soon as possible:) its a win win for everyone!
BBC

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 23:15:43 »

This thing (images for rounded corners)  forced me to use other comment scripts.

Jcomments has so much potential but templating is a nightmare.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 23:22:09 by BBC » Logged
smart
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 16:41:13 »

Ok, upcoming version will have rounded corners via CSS Wink

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: rounded corner hax done right-BIG improvement-

Jump to: