Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    CommunityBuilder    Topic: CB JComments Tab 2.2
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CB JComments Tab 2.2  (Read 50542 times)
smart
Administrator

« on: June 18, 2012, 13:10:28 »

New version of plugin CB JComments Tab 2.2 has been released! Now it fully compatible with JComments 2.3.0 and allows to list user's latest comments in user's profile. Also this version brings us possibility to comment users' profiles.

Note: you have to install this plugin via CB plugin manager (this is not Joomla's plugin).

CB JComments Tab 2.2

And additional fix for JComments:
1. Open file /components/com_jcomments/plugins/com_comprofiler.plugin.php
2. Replace line:
Code: (php)
$Itemid = self::getItemid('index.php?option=com_comprofiler');
with
$Itemid = self::getItemid('com_comprofiler','index.php?option=com_comprofiler');

Suggestions, wishes and bugreports are welcomed!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 18:55:04 by smart » Logged

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
totohariko

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 03:11:01 »

Hello,

I get the following error when trying to display a user's profile:

Error loading the component: index.php?option=com_comprofiler, 1

Thanks in advance for your help.
MaTsch

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 01:45:12 »

Hi smart!

First of all, thanks a lot for this useful plug-in!

I get the same error message. My system:

Joomla 2.5.4
Community Builder 1.8
JComments 2.3.0
K2 2.5.7
uddeIM PMS 2.8

The error message appears once - the first time a user profile is loaded. After reloading a profile page there is no error message any more. Example:

I have users A, B, C, D. Displaying user-profiles is only allowed for registered users.

1.) User A tries to load user's B profile page the first time. The error message will be shown.
2.) It doesn't appear on second, third, fourth reloading of B's page. Only on the first one.
3.) Now user C tries to load B's profile the first time.
4.) The error message doesn't appear - I think because it was already displayed for user A in step 1.)
5.) User C tries to load user's D profile page the first time. The error message will be shown.

I hope this description will help you to localize the problem...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 18:20:18 by MaTsch » Logged
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 18:33:11 »

Oh, sorry... I found and fixed bug with 'Error loading component...'

2. Replace line:
with
$Itemid = self::getItemid('com_comprofiler','index.php?option=com_comprofiler');

And after this change - you have to press Refresh Objects button in JCommenta backend to rebuild information about commented objects (profiles).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 19:14:58 by smart » Logged

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
MaTsch

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 19:58:01 »

Thanks a lot! Those fixes solved both issues! Great!  Smiley

I didn't even know that it was possible to add more than one components into "My latest comment" tab. I've just discovered it, right after reading your posting above. Maybe you should add an information tooltip with something like "Here you can add your components, comma separated".  Smiley

Thanks for great support!
smart
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 20:50:14 »

I didn't even know that it was possible to add more than one components into "My latest comment" tab. I've just discovered it, right after reading your posting above. Maybe you should add an information tooltip with something like "Here you can add your components, comma separated".  Smiley
Unfortunatelly CB doesn't support custom field types for plugin's parameters (as it was implemented in JComments modules). But I'm still searching some solution for this. Regarding some description - yes, I will add it.

totohariko

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 13:47:32 »

It works fine now, many thanks for your excellent support (and for this plugin of course!).
crapouille

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 22:44:35 »

Oh, sorry... I found and fixed bug with 'Error loading component...'

2. Replace line:
with

And after this change - you have to press Refresh Objects button in JCommenta backend to rebuild information about commented objects (profiles).

Thanks for solution-> [My last comments] tab
It runs very well for joomla 2.5.7 + cbuilder 1.9.1 + Jcomments 3.0

However, I have a question: I don't understand the [comment] tab is for? What use?

Thanks for reply
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    CommunityBuilder    Topic: CB JComments Tab 2.2

Jump to: