Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    CommunityBuilder    Topic: Avatars
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 10536 times)
occultfish

Email
« on: May 18, 2014, 22:14:55 »

Me and another boarder made a hack a while ago where we had jcomments display cb user profile links. However, even though we posted our solution on this forum , someone deleted it (I think by accident). Jcomments avatars is not working whatsoever regardless of what settings we change. So, I have the links to the cb profiles working again (which took a bit of time to rework due to new cb profile strings). However , there is a line that goes something like (located in com_jcomments/tpl/default/comment.php)
Code:
<?php echo $comment->avatar?>
Which I know I modified. However, when I upgraded to v. 3.0 from 2.3.0 , I overwrote my custom template and there is no backup. Now, Im willing to share anything with anyone as far as what does not work, as well as the solution to links. I know I need to add at least one (include once) file to the top , then replace this line with something. If anyone can help find my old thread somewhere , I am literally willing to become a mod for this website and clean out the spam posts. Thank you. Sad
occultfish

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 23:42:40 »

I looked all over the place. I have 4.1.5 and comment 3.0.0 on joomla 2.5. I have enabled plugins , published the plugin (setting the appropriate settings) and made graviter viewable to all user-groups. I just need to find out how to do my workaround and Im really pissed off that the admin of this site deleted my post. It could have helped many of you , as it basically made avatars an integrated part of jcomments rather than a plugin -_-
occultfish

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 21:12:02 »

In case any of you want the solution for usernames it is this :
Go to the com_jcomments/tpl/default/tpl_comment file
Look up this code with "ctrl+f"
Code:
<span class="comment-author"><?php echo $comment->author?></span>
Then, replace it with this:
Code:
<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=<?php echo $comment->userid?>" rel="nofollow" title="<?php echo $comment->author?>"><span class="comment-author"><?php echo $comment->author?></span></a>

If anyone can help with the pictures , that would be amazing.
occultfish

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 21:25:24 »

Also, no matter what I do guests can always vote on comments. Maybe I need to look for a different comment solution. Cry
occultfish

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 22:58:36 »

Ok, so it works perfectly when I downgraded back to 2.3.0? Maybe jcomments avatars does not support v 3.0+? Embarrassed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    CommunityBuilder    Topic: Avatars

Jump to: