Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Import from JomComment on New Install
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Import from JomComment on New Install  (Read 6287 times)
ablegamers

Email
« on: April 17, 2012, 00:42:43 »

Greetings,

I am rebuilding my site from 1.5 to 2.5x. I have stood up a new site and I am moving the data over as I go. The question I have, and the help I need, I want to "migrate" over my old comments onto the new system, how do I do that when JomComment is not made for 2.5x and so I cannot install it, copy the data over, and them migrate it.

Any help would be very grateful.

Thank you!
tbritton

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 05:12:29 »

Let me say in advance this is just a logical guess, so backup everything before trying it.  I would use phpmyadmin to export the jomcomment database files from the 1.5 machine and then import them into the 2.5 machine.  Then run the import tool in jcomments.

The last part is what I'm not sure about, but if jcomments is just reading the jomcomment tables and converting them to jcomments tables this should work.  I can't think of any reason the script would care if the component is there as long as the tables are there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Import from JomComment on New Install

Jump to: