Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Another captcha system
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another captcha system  (Read 17466 times)
korb

« on: January 11, 2009, 06:25:29 »

Hi,
I've just had this nice idea, to integrate Jcomments with this light and simple captca component that I use with Joomla contact VirtueMart.

The biggest advantage for this compoent is that it can work with TTF fonts and you can really use them all, or just one, depending on how much you copyed into it's folder.

[ur=http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=291204l]Here is it[/url], try it, and you can integrate it with options: use default Jcomments captcha, use tin captcha.

Always helpful, Danny

Visit my JComments powered website
PC Adviser - IT Info & Shop in one place.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:52:38 »

But the KCaptcha's don't need TTF-support on server and I think this is advantage Smiley And KCaptcha is very strong against automated recognition.

Regarding fonts... You can make your own in .PNG and put in /components/com_jcomments/kcaptcha/fonts/

Currently I'm not planed to add supports of 3rd party CAPTCHA extensions. But may be in future...

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
korb

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 07:00:16 »

Thanks for reply, you already answered my question weeks ago on how to change font.

Anyway the Kcaptcha is really hard readable.

Visit my JComments powered website
PC Adviser - IT Info & Shop in one place.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 16:01:20 »

Anyway the Kcaptcha is really hard readable.
may be, but it's goal protect against spambots and it do that very well... if you want make it more easy - you can setup used characters (for example leave only digits)

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Another captcha system

Jump to: