Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: multilanguage option
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: multilanguage option  (Read 17996 times)
giuse

« on: December 31, 2008, 04:46:14 »

Hi, as described in another post http://www.joomlatune.com/forum/index.php/topic,283.0.html I think it would be better that JComments has an additional option to be able to display comments made in the other languages too, as JoomFish does by default (if some item holds a translation => display the translation, if not => display the original).
Thanks

Giuse
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 23:36:28 »

Giuse, can you help me? My english is not so good so I need some help with naming this param and correct description. What's variant more correct?

"Don't split comments by language"
"Don't separate comments by language"
"Disable comments separation by language"
"Don't filter comments by language"

I want add new option but by default it would be switched to off. And in this case I'm want use negative form in parameter name...

p.s. the title field already added and currently I'm in testing it Smiley

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
giuse

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 23:52:28 »

Yes, with pleasure.
What about:

Display also comments in other languages when missing the translations

?
Cheers

Giuse

smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:59:17 »

I think your variant isn't correct because we don't have 'translations'... we have comments, posted on different language versions of page...

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
giuse

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:56:42 »

I was thinking of a joomfish support where a user can post the same comment in multiple languages (requires XML content description for Joomfish), so we could have a comment written only in English and another one both in English and in Russian. A user using Russian as active language will see the first comment in the English version (the original and only one version) and the second in Russian (a Russian version existing).
Probably I am thinking of a rarely used feature by users, if so, an alternative description of the option might be

Display also comments in other languages

?
Cheers

Giuse
tommyhome

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 08:23:18 »

I would suggest "separate comments by language" and a simple yes/no option.

//
Tommy, www.architechtsoftomorrow.com, site featuring JComments; www.airsoftvarberg.se
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: multilanguage option

Jump to: