Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Allow reply to comment thread via email like Disqus?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allow reply to comment thread via email like Disqus?  (Read 8406 times)
naimless

« on: February 08, 2011, 00:27:39 »

Just a thought/nice-to-have.

Is it difficult to code a functionality into JComment that would:
- allow people subscribed to a thread by email,
- reply to that email in Gmail or their Email client,
- that reply would get posted as a comment to the relevant thread?

From what I can see it is the only functionality in Disqus that is useful, apart from the JC is on par.

I guess the best way to do this would be to create a magic hash code for every subscriber to a thread which is contained in the Subject of the email?

JComment would need its own email account I guess, which is the pain though.

Just thinking out loud, but it does sound like killer functionality to incorporate that would raise JComments waaaay above any other commenting extension.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 18:22:48 »

I have no idea about how to integrate the mail sever and JComments because for implementation of this feature we must have some software which will allow catching new emails, process them and insert their bodies as comments. This is not easy task. But I promise you to think about this suggestion. Because it sounds very interesting. Thank you!

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Suggestions, Wishlists & Feature Requests    Topic: Allow reply to comment thread via email like Disqus?

Jump to: