Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: How to donate the JComments project?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to donate the JComments project?  (Read 60003 times)
smart
Administrator

« on: January 17, 2011, 19:34:41 »

I will be very grateful for any donations for JComments project. I working on it for about 3 years and I make my best to provide you high quality product with fast and attentive support. I'm sorry if some questions don't get answers immediately - this is because I'm the only developer in this project. But make sure that I'll answer all your questions and I'll make my best to help you with any problem which related with JComments.

The PayPal doesn't allow to recieve any payments in Ukraine so I could not accept payments via PayPal.

The Moneybookers donation form is placed on JoomlaTune.com pages (for example here: JComments) in the right column.

Also you can donate the JComments project using Webmoney payment system (WebMoney - On-line Payment Solution)

WMID (Webmoney identifier): 132722030154
Webmoney Z (USD account): Z614614405453
Webmoney E (EUR account): E111412401691

Thank you very much for your donations!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 16:04:35 by smart » Logged

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
capella

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 00:30:26 »

i have tried both of the ways suggested by you, liqipay and other one. None of them send me sms in India. If you have an account in any bank in US that would be easiest way for me to make transfer.

Wiring money to your bank will be quite expensive. Last option i will have is to send you a cheque through mail. But i will be able to do that only after a month or so.
naimless

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:05:53 »

Hi,

Would love to donate but I am not sure LiqPay is secure or will work as intended - I am also based in India. Bank transfer is also a very costly and difficult to initiate.

Have you considered flattr? People can make regular micropayments with that just by clicking a button, and particularly in the geeky joomla community a few people should be using it? Anyone on here got a flattr account?
MCNX

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 13:00:38 »

How about Western Union money transfer? I have sent money all around the world via WE. If it works in Ukraine, the only thing you need is to send a PM with the full name (as written in the passport or driver licence. You will need to show your photo ID to the local Western Union Agent) of the person who is going to pick up the money. The transfer can be done securely online and it takes 5 minutes to be ready to collect.
MCNX

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 13:09:50 »

Okay, I have just read your full post. I think we have the full name already, and Western Union works in Ukraine (http://www.westernunion.ua). Just let me know if you have an Western Union Agent close by.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 15:20:39 »

Just let me know if you have an Western Union Agent close by.
Yes, I have

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
smart
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 17:01:08 »

I do not have PayPal account which allows to recieve payments (PayPal has such restriction in Ukraine), but I'll ask my friends may be somebody will be able to accept donation for me.

Goldsnich

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 17:25:20 »

I've been waiting new Jcomments for almost one year and at last it released. Great job even more than i expected to find!
 My appreciations also were sent to developer Webmoney purse

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 17:32:03 by Goldsnich » Logged
smart
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 22:13:07 »

@Goldsnich, thank you!

abc123

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 19:04:25 »

Smart,
I am using JComments on number of my websites and I think it’s one of the best high quality free components for Joomla.  Definitely worth donation to motivate further development.

So, I tried to make you a donation via LiqPay system, but I didn’t manage to get this working. Transaction failed as apparently I had to activate my card via LiqPay system (why???). Card activation was failing as well because my bank account was in £ and LiqPay system was expecting confirmation amount in $. I spoke to LiqPay support chat , which didn’t resolve the problem either. Eventually my bank started blocking transactions with LiqPay as suspicious…

Basically I wasted over an hour of my time, you haven’t received your donation, they took couple of £ from my account which I doubt they will ever refund and they saved my personal details on their system which are impossible to remove (confirmed by the support chat guy!!!).

LiqPay is a horrible horrible system which I will never use again and would never recommend to anyone in their right mind to use. You really need to find a way to accept PayPal donations. I know they don’t work in Ukraine, but you could accept payments via a trusted person as you mentioned (or something like that). Bank transfer is not an option as it would cost me £20 to do a single transfer. I believe PayPal would definitely increase your donations. JComments is pretty popular in the western word. Everyone here trust PayPal and transferring money takes like 10 seconds, without all this nonsense LiqPay does.

Thanks for your great work. And sorry for the long rant…
Zocor

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 19:53:55 »

Hey smart.

As in my PM some time ago i asked for a IBAN CODE from your German bank account (DEUTSCHE BANK AG) but did not receive any reaction. The reason is that money transactions in the European Union need an IBAN CODE as well as a BIC CODE (witch is SWIFT CODE). Can you please call your German bank and ask for there IBAN CODE because without it it is not possible to transfer money within the EU, thus making donating impossible for EU citizens.

Making a money transfer to a Ukraine bank account from within Europe cost extra money (about 50% of the sum) and i want you to get the full amount that i transfer. All other possibilities on your site to donate are useless, and don't work for me.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 19:56:13 by Zocor » Logged

Stupid questions do not exist, stupid answers do though. Think about that when you post a question. Wink
Stallion

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 17:00:35 »

I do not have PayPal account which allows to recieve payments (PayPal has such restriction in Ukraine), but I'll ask my friends may be somebody will be able to accept donation for me.

Smart, if you can find a way to receive payments via paypal, I would like to be informed as I want to make a donation for your great module.

Best Regards
Goldsnich

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 00:22:18 »

Try open PayPal account with Privatbank Ukraine master card. Recently i done successful verification by submitting such card. I don't see any limitations right now, maybe such ones applied specifically to your bank ?
mgiessen

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 11:45:43 »

Hi Smart,

I also want to donate € 10, I can do it via PayPal or via bank transfer (for which I need the IBAN number to one of your accounts).
Please provide one of those, I'll be very happy to send over the money.

Keep up the good work ! (And I really advise you to make a 'pro' version of Jcomments, for example € 5 or € 10 to have Jcomments without the Jcomments-link. It might provide you with a nice extra income, because the quality of your module is really good. If so many people are willing to donate, and are willing to go through a lot of trouble to get the money to you Wink, this is a sign that you can have a payed 'pro' version.)

Lots of succes to Smart & the rest of the Jcomments team !
mobilemews

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 13:18:05 »

Smart, did you try https://www.moneybookers.com ?
 Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: How to donate the JComments project?

Jump to: