Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    AlphaUserPoints    Topic: JComments - AlphaUserPoints Plugin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JComments - AlphaUserPoints Plugin  (Read 74843 times)
Stockypotty

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 21:41:27 »

Hello,

whats the status with the new plugin? This would be very very helpful!

Thanks!
ajbpalma

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 07:36:22 »

Could you provide more detailed information about used versions of Joomla, JComments and AUP?

Will be amazing if you can develope a rule that gives points to the author when his article is commented Smiley

Many Thanks

I'm a zero at coding, but after banging my head a whole day on this, because i needed it to give points to the article author as well as the comment author i finaly reached a working solution  Cheesy

It's Like this:

Code:
function onAfterCommentAdded(&$comment, &$response)
{

if(file_exists($this->api_AUP)) {
require_once($this->api_AUP);

$authorid = JCommentsObjectHelper::getOwner($comment->object_id, $comment->object_group);
$aupid = AlphaUserPointsHelper::getAnyUserReferreID($authorid);
// assign points to comment's author
AlphaUserPointsHelper::userpoints('plgaup_jcomments_add_comment', $aupid);
if ($comment->userid) {
AlphaUserPointsHelper::userpoints('plgaup_jcomments_add_comment');
}
}
}

Just replace the original code of the onAfterCommentAdded function with the above for giving points to both the article and comment authors.
It also allows for the article author to get points from guest's comments.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 07:38:54 by ajbpalma » Logged
uberkamil

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 17:45:43 »

voting options dont work. others work on mine.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 18:08:53 »

voting options dont work. others work on mine.
Yes, they will work with new JComments version (current version doesn't have nessesary events).

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
uberkamil

Email
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 21:01:41 »

is there any quickfix?
smart
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 21:27:55 »

Yes, see here: http://www.joomlatune.com/forum/index.php/topic,1723.msg7543.html#msg7543

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
uberkamil

Email
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 22:49:19 »

oMG great It worked. Why dont you add this to stable version?

thanks.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 00:33:36 »

Why dont you add this to stable version?
because this plugin was released after current stable version, in upcoming version this patch already applied.

quofataferunt

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 16:38:24 »

First of all, let me thank you big time for JComments! We are using it for a while now, and ouw website with over 10.000+ comments in 200+ articles still is going quick and fast while surfing and browsing it! So JComments is not slowing down the website!

My big issue seems te be the Alpha User Points thing.

I installed it, just like the modules / plugins to make the connection between JComments and Community Builder. Works smooth, but....

Users only get points when they get a green thumbs up, not when adding a comment (not even after it is published). I imported the rules, changed a thing in the jcomments.ajax.php (added a rule, like discribed as a quickfix) but it only ads points to those who get thumbs up.

What am I doing wrong??

My other question is, if there is any way, to show the number of all published comments made by one user in his CommunityBuilder Profile Page???

I have the tab that shows the latest comments, but I would love to show all comments (after clicking it), and the total number of comments on the profile page. Any help here???

Huh
smart
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 16:09:32 »

Users only get points when they get a green thumbs up, not when adding a comment (not even after it is published). I imported the rules, changed a thing in the jcomments.ajax.php (added a rule, like discribed as a quickfix) but it only ads points to those who get thumbs up.
I've tested again but all works fine for me. The test user gets points after comment was added, after was voted and his points were decreased when administrator unpublish the comment.

Stockypotty

Email
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 21:15:40 »

Hey everyone,

So I still can't seem to get some of these rules to work.

I am using version 1.5.12 of alpha user and version 2.2.0.2 of j comments.

The only rule that works from the pack above is the add comment rule.

Does anyone know how I can get the positive vote points and negative vote points?

Thanks guys!
smart
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 16:56:04 »

Does anyone know how I can get the positive vote points and negative vote points?
Make sure you've appied patch I've posted here.

MissyW

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 12:52:17 »

I've made new version of JComments - AlphaUserPoints plugin. ...

I've tested this plugin with Joomla 1.5.18, JComments 2.2.0.0 and AUP 1.5.9. And with this environment all works fine for me.

Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
Thanks, smart, for the plugin.  You say it's tested with Joomla 1.5.18, JComments 2.2.0.0 and AUP 1.5.9.

I gave it a try with Joomla 1.7, JComments 2.3 and AUP 1.7.0.  I followed your instructions. Everything installed OK. I've published the new rule for Adding a Comment in AUP, and assigned points, and cleared my cache. 

But when I add a comment, I don't earn any points - i.e. the rule is not working.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 15:17:45 by MissyW » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    AlphaUserPoints    Topic: JComments - AlphaUserPoints Plugin

Jump to: