Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Comments per Page
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comments per Page  (Read 9281 times)
1001notte

WWW Email
« on: June 29, 2010, 16:30:02 »

Hi people

In backend layout setting I put 10 comments per page, but Jcomment shows more (just now more than 60 comments).

Where is the problem?

Thanks

www.1001notte.com
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 16:38:10 by 1001notte » Logged

Joomla + JomSocial + Jcomment
www.1001notte.com
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 19:19:31 »

The parameter 'Comments per page' affects Plain list layout only and doesn't applicable to Treeview layout.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
1001notte

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 20:33:24 »

Sure, set is properly in "plain list", comments per page "10", max page "15"... but I see more than 60 comments per page.

www.1001notte.com
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 20:35:14 »

This is impossible Wink I know only one reason for it - if you've JoomFish and didn't setup parameters for all used languages. In this case for some language it could have different settings (for example paging could be switched off).

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
1001notte

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 20:45:27 »

Well, I don't use JoomFish.
Want to try for yourself?
I can send you a PM with admin access so you check ok?

www.1001notte.com
smart
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 21:03:33 »

Yes, of course you could send me PM with access and I'll check all settings.

smart
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 21:20:24 »

Yes, I've checked your site. And could say that all are normal. You set comments per page to 10, but you also set maximum pages to 15... In this case as described in parameter description

This option will cause limited pagination. Using it you can increase the number of "Comments per page" parameter to avoid this limit. The default is 15;

So if you set maximum number of pages it will never exceeded - and instead adding 16th page JComments will dynamically increase Comments per page. This allows to prevent unrestricted growing of pages and page layout broke.

Sorry if this parameter description not understandable. My English isn't so good so if you could suggest more correct parameter description I'll update it.

1001notte

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 21:32:06 »

Yeah, I'm starting to understand the pagination process, it's not very understale, as soon I'm sure I will suggest you a more "understable" description Smiley

In any case now I set max 1000 pages and it works well showing just 10 comments per page.

Thanks

www.1001notte.com
smart
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 21:38:28 »

You could set max pages to 0 to disable this behavior... Regarding description - as I already wrote - if you could to suggest more correct description I'll be very gratefull.

Artemis

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 06:12:54 »

This option will cause limited pagination. If the maximum number of pages is exceeded, the number of comments per page will be increased so that the comments fit within the allotted number of pages.

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but I believe that this description works with what you've explained.  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: Comments per Page

Jump to: