Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: JComment discuss bot style integration with Agora
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JComment discuss bot style integration with Agora  (Read 7389 times)
4Site

« on: June 22, 2010, 02:10:12 »

Hello

I use Agora on my website, it is by far the most feature rich and functional integrated native forum in the Joomla framework.

The Discussion Pro bot is very useful in that it it's a built in commenting system and also a discussion bot for the forum. However it isn't very polished in terms of appearence or frontend features.

I have been experimenting with JComments and find it really useful and very feature rich, in fact I like it so much I have started using it above the JomComments component for which i paid money.

What I wanted to know was whether it was possible for you to integrate JComments with Agora.

By integration I mean JComments would act as a discussion bot for Agora, it would automatically create Threads in Agora for published articles, and when a comment was submitted on an article it would post this in the relevent thread in the forum.

I have discussed his matter with the wonderfully helpful Hazzaa and his team on Agora's support forum

(this thread: http://jvitals.com/support/topic?id=8178)

They have suggested as it extends JComments functionality it would have to be coded by mostly yourself. However I am sure if you show your desire and intention to add this feature to your component they would be more than willing to accomodate you with assistance as I can only see such an integration being mutually beneficial to both parties.

I believe this would definitely be a worthy addition to the JComment feature list and it would make a lot of Website managers/publishers jobs so much more easier having two of the leading Joomla compotents integrate as such.

I personally would be willing to contribute financially to help you with any time & resources you would be willing to dedicate to such a project and I'm sure others would as well, because this functionality really would be beneficial and make our jobs easier. It would also make your product stand out from other commenting systems by adding a feature that there is demand for.

Thank you for your time and looking forward to your reply.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:44:51 »

At this time I'm not going to implement such feature in JComments. And I don't think that this is good idea because even if JComments could create threads in Agora all JComments functions will not work with posted comments because they are will be stored in Agora tables and etc.

You could create some custom JComments plugin to cross-post comments to Agora but JComments will not affects to posts in forum. You will not be able to moderate posts in forum through JComments or manage permissons... In this case only one thing could be used - you will be able to use JComments form as comments posting form. I don't think that this is what you want.

In my mind this is bad idea to use JComments as facade to Agora (or some other forum). If you need appearence like JComments - you could stylish your Agora discuss bot same as JComments. If you need all JComments power - you need use JComments as commening extension.

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: JComment discuss bot style integration with Agora

Jump to: