Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: add comment link does not appear with tagged content
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: add comment link does not appear with tagged content  (Read 7263 times)
FryDesign

Email
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:31:32 »

Hi, I am using JComments and Custom Properties by Solidsystems.  Custom Properties is for tagging content.  My problem is that when a user clicks on a tag all the corresponding tagged articles (that had an "add comment" link) lose their jcomments "add comment" link.

Why might this happen?  Is there a parameter that I could have overlooked when setting up Jcomments field.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 03:13:51 »

I think this is because filter in JComments content plugin (/plugins/content/jcomments.php):

Code: (php)
if (!isset($article->id) || ($option != 'com_content' && $option != 'com_alphacontent')) {
return;
}
just replace these lines with:
Code: (php)
if (!isset($article->id) || ($option != 'com_content' && $option != 'com_alphacontent' && $option != 'com_customproperties')) {
return;
}

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
FryDesign

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:37:51 »

Thanks for the quick response.

I made the change but with no effect.

After clicking on a tag, JComments is still not visible.

Regards...
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 13:32:35 »

You are right, this fix will not work. I've look to CustomProperties code more detail and found that this exension doesn't use Joomla's onPrepareContent event while displaying tagged articles list. So I don't see any way to display 'add comment' link. In my mind you could ask CustomProperties' author to add support such feature...

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
FryDesign

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 22:04:04 »

Well thats a bummer... 

Is there a tagging extension that you'd recommend?

Thanks for your help!
smart
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 22:05:30 »

Oh, I don't know because I've never used such type of extensions. But I don't see any problem to ask CustomProperties' developer add compatibilty with JComments... Try ask him...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    General discussion    Topic: add comment link does not appear with tagged content

Jump to: