Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Eventlist Venue Comments
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eventlist Venue Comments  (Read 22476 times)
stevenator

« on: October 27, 2008, 08:28:53 »

I'm trying to allow users to post comments on Venues from Eventlist.  (PS: Eventlist now has a fix for the newest version of JComments integration  Cheesy )  I see that when i go to edit venue from eventlist there is COMMENTS ON and COMMENTS OFF Buttons on the bottom coming from JComments. If you click them it inserts  {jcomments on} and  {jcomments off} tags in the venue description but then eventlist on the front end reads them as plain text not a tag. Was this intended to allow comments for venues? Or am i just not using this function correctly? Any Ideas how i can let users comment venues? If anyone has any info please let me know and thanx in advance  Smiley
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 13:53:00 »

Can you show me on screenshot place where are you want see comments? I'm download EventList 1.0b for J1.5 but don't see any detail  page for Venues...

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
stevenator

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 15:42:26 »

Using the normal Eventlist integration commets go here, where the event is. (BLUE) With the venue details on the bottom.

But when you go the the actual Venue You can't leave a comment. (red) My site is about Clubs/Bars/Venues ect ect and it's more important for people to be able to comment and rate the locations than just the event. When the event is over it's gone get removed but i want people's comment to be there for the venue  Undecided I've been digging around this for a while with no lick.
I thought maybe making an "article" about each venue manually but then users won't be able to submit venues and it's going to be a real pain making 500+ Listings and keeping them updated.

smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 17:31:06 »

Ok, try this:

1. Open file /components/com_eventlist/views/venueevents/tmpl/default.php
2. Find lines (at the bottom of file):

Code:
<p class="copyright">
<?php echo ELOutput::footer( ); ?>
</p>

and insert before:

Code:
<?php
if (file_exists(JPATH_SITE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_jcomments'.DS.'jcomments.php')) :
require_once(JPATH_SITE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_jcomments'.DS.'jcomments.php');
echo JComments::showComments($this->venue->id'com_eventlist_venue'$this->escape($this->venue->venue));
endif;
?>

p.s. in future: dont post so big screenshots Smiley

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
stevenator

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 23:03:36 »

Yes it seems to all be working now!!!!! Thank you so much you are the best Cheesy Eventlist support is pretty much unresistant!!  Thank you again Cheesy
Elsa89

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 14:09:43 »

That is correct. The "Evenlist" word is hyperlinked to the correct extension in my original post
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Eventlist Venue Comments

Jump to: