Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Problem installing the Jcomments plugin for Sobi2
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem installing the Jcomments plugin for Sobi2  (Read 17794 times)
poffen

« on: October 21, 2008, 21:17:48 »

Hei all,

First of all, congratulations with the new updated version of Jcomments!  Grin

What I've seen is so far, is really promising! Cool

I'm trying to integrate the component with Sobi2, but I have problems with installation of the Jcomments plugin for Sobi2. The latest version of the Sobi2 component (version 2.9.0.1) can be operated in Joomla 1.5 native mode, although installation of this component has to be done in legacy mode. However, if I install the Jcomments plugin for Sobi2 with the Sobi2 component in 1.5 native mode, installation fails (restricted access). If I change to legacy mode, on the other hand, installation of the plugin seem to be ok.

I can't figure out why the plugin won't install with Sobi2 in native mode. Any help on this would be highly appreciated...

Thanks Poffen
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 21:41:53 by poffen » Logged
smart
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 02:20:14 »

Hi Poffen!

I'm found and fix this bug. You can download from downloads section updated version of SOBI2 plugin (1.3), and re-download JComments 2.0 installation package. I update in it one file (/plugins/com_sobi2.plugin.php) to make it compatible with Joomla 1.5 without legacy.

I've tested new version of plugin with SOBI2 2.9.0.1 and JComments 2.0.0 - all works fine... Download, update and try it...

Thanks for bug-report!

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
poffen

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 21:43:08 »

Hi smart,

Thanks for your quick reply!  Smiley  I really appreciate your effort to get this component working!

I have tried the updates as you recommended, and it seem to work with the Sobi2 component in native mode!  Grin

From what I've seen so far, I think this component will be perfect to lots of other Sobi2 users!  Cool I will give the Jcomments a further testing, and if it turns out ok I'll certainly recommend this component to other Sobi2 users!

Regards, Poffen
smart
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 13:47:27 »

Hi Poffen!

Tomorrow I'm make small update for component and SOBI2 plugin without change vesrsions. Please, re-download and re-install... This versions must be more correct...

If you use JComments, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Integration with third-party extensions    Topic: Problem installing the Jcomments plugin for Sobi2

Jump to: