Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Bug-reports    Topic: Jcomments not working after update to Joomla 2.5.11
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jcomments not working after update to Joomla 2.5.11  (Read 18973 times)
neilfarmac

« on: May 03, 2013, 14:16:21 »

After upgrading to Joomla 2.5.11 Jcomments no longer works. I have several categories set for Jcomments to work in and no new articles in these categories have comments since the upgrade. I have tried downloading the latest release and re-installing but this has not worked. I am using a YooTheme template and it has worked fine up until now. Is there anything else I can try to see if I can get this working again?
BobCraven

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 17:11:41 »

same here, after updating to joomla 2.5.11 jcomments won't show in selected categories :-/
BobCraven

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 17:29:39 »

never mind, applying the hack provided inge by seemed to solve the problem:

The changes from 1.5.9 -> 1.5.11 (and probably also already in 1.5.10) are in components/com_content/views/featured/view.html.php and in components/com_content/views/category/view.html.php.
De context is now 'com_content.featured' (lines 79-91) and 'com_content.category' (lines 99-111). The context before was, in both cases, 'com_content.article'.

I fixed this issue in JComments by changing lines 289 and 327 in the plugin (plugins/content/jcomments/jcomments.php)like this:
if ($context == 'com_content.article') {
replace by:
if ($context == 'com_content.article' || $context == 'com_content.featured' || $context == 'com_content.category') {

bye,
Inge
mclusky

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 13:59:20 »

Thank You Bob, I had similar problem. Your solution works fine, kudos for you.  Grin
thaimontira

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 11:04:42 »

Thank you Bob , for sharing .
Corrall

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 20:37:56 »

Worked for me - thanks!!
Thatoo

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 08:51:18 »

thank you, it works for me.
However, after that, my " lire la suite" and "commentaires" (because I'm frecnh) became "more" and "comment".
The only thing not translated... do you have any idea for that?
naimless

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 05:17:22 »

The better solution without requiring a core hack of Joomla is here:

http://www.joomlatune.com/forum/index.php/topic,7015.0.html

I had to change the jcomments.php in plugins/content/jcomments on line 290 and 329

from

if ($context == 'com_content.article') {

to

if ($context == 'com_content.article' || $context == 'com_content.featured' || $context == 'com_content.category') {
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
JoomlaTune Support Forum    JComments component    Bug-reports    Topic: Jcomments not working after update to Joomla 2.5.11

Jump to: